Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We're making a difference! I hope :D

Ann suggested that all of us BabyLoss Parents post the same status on our facebook to bring awareness to our friends and family about pregnancy and infant loss. We are all posting our stories on each other's status' as comments so that people's facebook will be flooded with our stories...then they might just get the picture. We hope to be featured on The Oprah show so that we can talk about how pregnancy and infant loss is such a taboo subject and the things we go through having to "grieve in silence".

After doing more research on it, it seems like EVERYONE had this idea. lol I guess in 2007 Oprah's producers made an announcement telling people to share their stories about their losses and it would be featured on her show..but it never aired? That's what I'm hearing at least. I wonder why that is! I REALLY want to see this on her show before her last season ends! A lot of us babylost mamas have sent emails to her about our stories and suggesting a show be created for just this. I HOPE to God we will get the chance to tell our stories. We really need to make this an openly talked about subject. People need help grieving the loss of their babies but no one who's never been through a loss knows how to comfort them. We need to tell them how.

Maybe Oprah will reconsider this as a topic for her show after an influx of emails regarding it. I HOPE...If you someone you love or you yourself are dealing with a loss of your pregnancy or baby then write an email to Oprah PLEASE. We need your help! Here is the link to tell a bit of your story and your thoughts on having a show about it.

https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.html?plug_id=3749665

Thanks ladies and gentlemen (if a man happens to read my blog) :)

On another note I was just checking my voicemail because my grandma called me earlier and left a message, then I realize I have SO many saved messages from when my daughter was in the NICU. UGH I have the one from her doctor giving me his daily update of Leila. He said she was doing really good. :( I have multiple messages telling me good news. Then why...is she not here anymore?...I hate these messages. I wish they would go away without me having to listen to them and then press 7 :( ...but then again I want to listen to them over and over. She was really here and doing good (despite what they thought) but now she's dead. :( I hate this.........

Anyways I feel like I haven't talked to my daughter in forever...

Dear Leila,

Mommy misses you SO much today. I'm hoping we can get everyone's attention so that other people know how hard it is for us parents to lose you children. :( Your mommy wants to make a change in the world and hopefully make you proud. That's all I live for now...It's you. I live for you mamas...I got your sign the other day letting me know that you were with me and Daddy. :) I love it and will keep it forever. Thank you sweetie. Daddy misses you so much too. I know he doesn't always speak his feelings but he's your daddy and wants people to know you're his daughter and how much he loves you. He wrote that on his facebook today. :)
I'm now ready to choose your stone for your plot and need your guidance. Help me to decide what would be just perfect for you. I have an idea already :) but I want you to help me make it come to life!
May 27th will be the 8th anniversary of your Tutu
Nui (great Grandma) gaining her angel wings. Just like your angel day, I will remember hers always. It was SO unexpected and your Tutu (my mom,your Grandma) took it very hard. Her mommy is in heaven now and that day I had my first breakdown I prayed that she would be watching over you until I get there. I know you're not alone but I just can't help to want to be up there with you so badly.
I heard the messages left on my phone from your doctor. He was always giving me good news. It just reminds me of how strong you were in the NICU. Everyone thought you were too young but were amazed when they saw you fight. I knew you'd be a fighter. You have your Tutu Nui's fight inside of you. :D I know she is SO proud. Anyways honey I hope to see you soon. Whether it be in a dream or a sign I can't wait to see you. Thank you for always listening to your mama ramble. :D

Mommy & Daddy love you Leila, remember that!

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE.....how we all feel about the phones..they are our connection to these babies..the calls, texts, pictures, voice recordings...are all our babies to us now...

as for Oprah..I really HOPE we get a message across just today i have at least 8 letters that I KNOW of that were written in my name and my story, people are not just stopping at their stories, and THAT is cause of FB!! They read my post and wanted to help..they might have not been able to in the past 3 months but THIS made them feel useful and that is all i needed to hear....Kalialani I look forward to the day we are on her panel telling our stories through the tears and in hopes of getting recognized one day...at least not for us, but for the babies to be remembered..I have always called Alyssa a little social butterfly with how many friends she has made and how many she has brought to me..xoxo

Maggie said...

I really hope this gets on the show!! And I know what you mean about things on your phone such as messages, etc. I still have a lot of text messages I received that day asking if things were okay and then saying how sorry they were. I can't erase them just yet. (((HUGS)))