I'm spreading the love today (created by Carly) to my sister Brittani!

Me [on the left sitting], Brittani [in the middle] and Breana [on the right]
This is a picture of me and my sisters when we were kids. Yea I know we all look a HOT ass mess, but those were the times we had THE MOST fun! :D
Brittani and I grew up together since pretty much first grade (I was in first, she was in second). We actually met before we even knew the relation. My step-sister (whose dad is married to my mom) is actually Brittani's sister. They have the same mom and different dads. Got that? :) So ANYWAYS some people might think it [strange] our relationship, but Brittani has always been considered my sister. The three of us (Breana, Brittani & I) went to the same schools together. Brittani and I were inseparable during middle school; everywhere she went, I went...I guess you could say I followed her around a lot {lol} but she didn't mind. She has always been there for me since we were kids and today was nothing different.
Before I tell you about today, let me tell you about the first thing she did after Leila was born...
I got a package in the mail from her a while back. It was actually after Leila died (since I checked my mail late), but it was supposed to be for Leila while she was in the NICU. It was a blanket that she had crocheted. We had been talking about crocheting and I was telling her about the blanket I was making for Leila (which I never finished by the way). So she hurried up and finished hers after she found out Leila was born and was staying in the NICU.
Then she sent it along with a card telling us to stay strong. After I cried and told her I received the package she told me that I could send it back if I wanted. I told her No, she made it for Leila so I was going to keep it for Leila.
Then today I get another package from Brittani. I opened it and there were pictures of my belly that I had sent her throughout my pregnancy that she had laminated. I cried SO hard when I seen them. These pictures were SO special to me and she had kept them all and sent them to me.
She also included a few poems that she really liked and thought were especially appropriate. I really liked them too so I will add them to my "The Gift of Words" tab along with what she wrote in the card that I thought was REALLY sweet. I was actually not having a good day so far, but THIS made me SO happy. It couldn't have come at a better time.
I am SO grateful for my sister Brittani and the love that she has shown me throughout the years. I always know that I can count on her and today was nothing different.




5 comments:
what a special post xoxo...you should consider "showing her some love" go to maggies blog from yesterday to learn more about it...Carly invented this and i REALLY think Brittani deserves this done for her
Thanks Ann! I changed it so I could "spread the love" :D and I added it to Carly's blog!
How wonderful to have her in your life! :) XO
How incredibly sweet to have someone in your life who "acknowledges" your struggles, yet takes the time to face them with you and not sit idle with nothing to say. Her sending the photos was absolutely endearing, so thoughtful and courageous on her part, but she obviously knows you like no one else.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I am so very sorry that you are part of this community, but am happy you found us. I can not even begin to tell you what amazing support I have found. Those who I "was" closest to in everyday life seemed to have failed me when I needed support the most, as they did and do not understand the grieving process and the deep, intense love we have for our children. BUT, this community of BLM's have been my saving grace, lifting me up and walking this journey with me and encouraging me every step of the way.
Sending prayers to you and honoring Leila "with" you...always.
HUGS
Andrea
persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com
Okay, so it's my turn to cry now...=)
That's what I'm here for Kiddo! I'm glad that I was able to brighten up your day some.
I think I'm lucky to have YOU in my life...you've shown a great deal of strength in this tradegy and I really look up to you. Isn't that something: the big sister looking up to the little sister?!?! Hmph...lol.
I love you with all of my heart and can't express enough how much I admire your strength. I'm soooo proud of you!
PS- I NEVER minded you tagging along...LOL.
Have a good day Mamas!
Britt - a.k.a. "Leila LadyBugg's Auntie"
=)
Post a Comment