Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tattoo Ideas...help

So I'm thinking about getting a tattoo for Leila. I have several different idea but I'm not too sure which I like best yet.

Of course it has to have a butterfly...it's going to be blue or aqua for her birth month. Also I wanted a flower that has some meaning. I've been researching and it's so crazy how daffodils relate to Leila. A daffodil is the flower for the birth month March and it means rebirth, new beginnings, etc. It fits perfectly because it can symbolize my new life and new beginning with my butterfly Leila. In the Egyptian culture (which my boyfriend is) the daffodil symbolizes death. They usually use these flowers at funerals. I read somewhere else that it symbolizes young death (she died young). There was a poem written called To Daffodils and it's about how life is short and the world is beautiful. We must use the short time we live and make the most of it and that's exactly what Leila did and continues to do!

I actually like the pink daffodils better than the yellow and there are SO many different species of daffodils but I think these ones are pretty





The blue butterfly also fits perfectly because the other day my boyfriend and I were playing games in the arcade and there was one game where you win a rubber bouncy ball. There were SO many different designs in the balls that it's just too crazy for this to be a coincidence. We won a bouncy ball with a blue butterfly in it.






My boyfriend and I were SO surprised and knew that it was a gift from Leila. Might seem silly to some people but for us it was a sign that she's still with us. She always is...

I also like the hibiscus flower. It symbolizes delicate beauty which Leila definitely is. I would like a white hibiscus for the meaning of innocence and purity. Another flower that is my absolute favorite is the plumeria. Although they're not native to Hawai'i, they've become adopted by the Hawaiian culture and very popular. To Hawaiians a plumeria represents perfection and the bond between everything good. If coupled with a blue butterfly I would take it to mean the bond between mother and daughter...Leila (the butterfly) and I.

I also thought about getting her footprints tattooed on me. Her feet were just so tiny and perfect I thought it would be SO cute. BUT I have her footprints engraved on my necklace that I NEVER take off so I thought it might be kind of redundant.

I don't know. I've just started thinking about different ideas but this is the start of it. If you have any ideas let me know!

I love you my little butterfly!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the daffodils. That's so cool how they relate to your Leila on so many levels.

Antoinette said...

Maybe leila wants you to get THAT butterfly from the ball as a tattoo for her? If you want some inspirations I can send you my pic of my tattoo on my foot