
I read the story to Mustafa and I started crying. Patty explained in her letter that from reading my blog she remembered I had a connection to butterflies and dragonflies and found this book and immediately thought of me and Leila. She said she thought this would be a book I would have read to Leila and could still read to her. :D HOW THOUGHTFUL IS THAT?! Well that is EXACTLY what I plan to do. I will read this book to Leila every week on Fridays. As you all might know, I still feel absolutely terrible about never reading to Leila while she was in the NICU. Reading to her now is something I would have never thought of on my own, but thanks to Patty I can now read to my baby. I know a lot of "outsiders" might find this strange, but it is something I feel helps me connect to my daughter. I don't expect anyone to understand though.
I can't thank you enough Patty, you truly made me feel SO special today. Leila loves it too! :D We love you Auntie Patty and we are SO thankful for your kindness!
BY THE WAY GUYS, Patty isn't blood related but as we all know blood means NOTHING. She IS my family, more like an Aunt to me and as you all know family means the world to me as I'm sure it does to you all too! Oh and a sidenote, I have to admit, I was a bit jealous when she started having kids of her own lol. My Tutu always took me to Yaya's house (Auntie Patty's mama) so we've spent a lot of time together and I love that whole family [my Hanai family] to death!
P.S. Hanai in Hawaiian means adopted...not literally in this case but you all get the point :D

9 comments:
i understand your wanting to read to leila, even now. reading with my mom was one of my favorite bedtime rituals when i was a child. i have always been an avid reader, and i was so looking forward to sharing that with kenny.
What a thoughtful letter and gift. I am so glad that you have the perfect book to read to Leila. Your Friday readings will be such a sweet way to remember and honor your little girl. I know she will be listening. (((Hugs)))
What a kind soul!!! I love her for what she did for you and Leila. I was crying reading your post! That book is beautiful! What a thoughtful and meaningful gift! I wish there were more people like her!
Aren't people like that amazing??!! I think we all need at least ONE person like that. It makes this whole journey a little "easier" to cope with. Love the book! Perfect for Leila! :)
What a beautiful, thoughtful, and kind gift. I'm so glad you will be able to read to Leila now. That made me tear up, because it's a beautiful idea.
Sending you hugs!
What a thoughtful & beautiful gift! I love that you still read to Leila because it makes me feel more sane that I do it too! I take books with me sometimes to Bryston's site and read them to him. It feels so peaceful during our special story time. *HUGS*
I love people like her, and I hope she reads this comment YOU ARE AWESOME!! and its people like her that inspired my "two cents' blog friday post....Read to her Kalia, and as you are reading to HER, you are also reading to Alyssa too...you know those girls are always together too!!
xoxo
great post!! I love when people make you smile!!!
What a wonderful gift! I am so glad you have her in your life. I love reading to Charlotte - it's one of the ways I connect with her.
Wow what an amazing thoughtful gift, you're right people completely surprise you in these situations by either being amazing or really awful in their response to infant loss. Glad that you were blessed with such a kind gesture and gift.
Post a Comment