Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 22, 2010

COMPLETELY DISGUSTED

Beware friends, this one might get your blood boiling like it did mine!...

Since childhood I was ALWAYS taught if you have NOTHING nice to say, then DON'T say it at ALL! I thought EVERYONE went by this code...especially in cases like these. A fellow babyloss mama of mine (who is one of my facebook friends) has been victim to something I would NEVER in my whole life expect someone with a heart to say. My friend has chosen to put her son's pictures on her facebook page for family and friends to see. Yes, he is an angel baby and YES he is beautiful! Does she have the right to be proud that he is her son even if he has died? HELL.YES. Should she be able to post pictures of her son on her facebook if she chooses to do so?! HELL.YES. SHE did NOT choose this life. I'm 100% positive she would have LOVED to post pictures of her son smiling for the first time, taking a step for the first time, playing with toys, playing with his big brother, etc. but SINCE her son is now "gone" the ONLY pictures she has of him are when he was "born sleeping". WHY should she be ashamed of her son because he died?! JUST because he lived for such a short while does NOT mean that he is any less of a PERSON. Well, SOMEONE has taken this TRAGEDY into their own hands and added more pain for my friend and THAT makes me ANGRY. Saying absolutely DISGUSTING things like, "Dead baby pictures are in no way cute or sweet. That is very personal and should be kept in the family. Who wants to have a corpse as their default?!?! It's even worse if the family has children that are LIVING!"

WHOEVER started this thread in the first place as well as the people who commented on it supporting the person who started it are PITIFUL excuses for human beings.

Here is the link to these comments if you'd like to show my friend support and I will NOT apologize for speaking out and telling the world that WE have been victim of being SILENCED for FAR TOO LONG and I'm TIRED of it. ALSO, PLEASE push the button report as abuse and leave feedback so we can put this to an END. My friend does NOT need to endure any more pain that she already has.

Another request if you will, if my friend Amber is not on your facebook friends here is the link to her facebook page (I hope she doesn't mind this) and PLEASE if you can, send her a message of support or you can also make a picture for her precious baby with his name in it. His name is Eli and yellow butterflies reminds her of him.

Thank you all SO much for listening and I hope you all can help us put an end to these hateful comments.

Leila,

I just want to tell you how BEAUTIFUL you are and I will ALWAYS be proud that you are my daughter. NO ONE will ever take away ANY of the undying love I have for you my baby. I will continue to speak your name and support other mamas like me who are PROUD of their angel babies. You are my life sweetie and the day you left you took a BIG piece of my heart with you. Even so I STILL know how to love and support my friends and family and if I have taught you anything, know that it is to love and respect [endlessly] the people who love and respect YOU. You have SO many family members (that includes your BLM aunties) that LOVE you SO much, so remember that you will NEVER be forgotten and we will NEVER stop loving you. Please Leila, give Eli a big hug for me and tell him how absolutely handsome he is! Give all of my other nieces and nephews a HUGE hug from me too. I love all of them and I love you TOO sweetie.

Love always,
Mommy


7 comments:

Julie said...

i, too, was disgusted by that thread, and posted a comment to support amber.

i love that you include a personal message to leila in each of your blog posts. <3

Jill said...

I am so sorry that she had to read those comments. I hope someday people will have more understanding.

pennynjon said...

I am so sorry that your friend had to deal with that! She has every right to be proud of her son and post his pics. That makes me sick that someone would do that to her.

vera kate said...

That is absoluetly horrifying. It makes me so sad to hear that there are people like that out there, who have the gall to say such nasty things. :(

Violet1122 said...

Why is compassion lacking so much in society? Those comments just sickened me.

If those mean people were able to feel the devastation of losing a baby... just for a few hours... they would fall on their knees and thank god they were never asked to suffer through life after the loss of a baby.

Stephanie said...

Why in the world would someone be so cruel as to make those comments. I am always stunned when I hear things like this...but I am not surprised. People can be horrible and to have to endure more hurt after such a loss is just too much!

High School Sweethearts said...

I couldn't see the link. I'm so sorry for your friend though. That is horrible for that person to say to her. If they don't want to look at those picture they they don't need too. I'm so sorry for both of your losses.