On another note, I've been feeling creative today. I'm getting into blog design and I LOVE it but don't know that much about html so it's a work in progress. Oh and I LOVE photoshop but again I don't know that much so that's another work in progress. Marissa just got her new camera today YAAAAAY! I'm SO excited for her and I hope I get mine soon too. I'd love to get into photography. I wonder if the NICU would let me volunteer there and take pictures for families with babies in the NICU. I know about NILMDTS but I also wanted to take pictures of the babies while they are in the NICU so that parents have more memories of them. For myself I wish I would have taken TONS more pictures of Leila but everything happened so fast.
Another thing, Carly over at August 19th day of hope has a GREAT idea for families to do for other angel parents. By donating a memory box to a hospital of your choice you could bring comfort to families who leave the hospital with empty arms. This is SUCH a great idea that I think I will not only do it on this day, but also about once a month! For more information check out the link above.
So today I picked out little things for the kids (my brother and sisters) to do for Leila so that Mustafa and I can take them to her spot on Tuesday. They had LOTS of fun and my little brother told me it made him happy to do this for Leila (he's 8)...Here are some pictures

Lehuanani made a bracelet for her

and painted a pinwheel

Makoa made a bracelet for her

and painted a dragonfly

and Kailina painted a butterfly for Leila
...and I got her a little Teddy bear with a butterfly on it
and then made a bracelet with Leila's name

Oh another thing...while I was going to my place to pick up the crafts for the kids I saw a REALLY pretty blue dragonfly...I wish I had a picture of it but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough!

5 comments:
You're so wonderful to want to help out that lady's friend. : ) I know in the beginning, I heard from several "friend of a friend"s that had losses, and it was incredibly comforting to hear from them.
I checked out Carly's thing and I LOVE IT! I am definitely going to participate. :)
That's so neat about the necklace and the grocery store lady. It's great you were able to share (what little you could) with her. Hopefully she will be able to help her friend.
I checked out the August 19th project - it is SUCH a good idea! We definitely need to spread the message around. Thanks for posting about it!
My blog is all pretty <3. And I love the idea of someone taking pictures. I was alone with The Boy 99% of the time, so I had no one to take pictures of us. I think I have 3 or 4, and they're pretty terrible. I think I'll post them today. Definitely talk to your NICU about it, and put out some feelers. Maybe try to corner a parent or two :P
You KNOW how I always think everything is a sign right?? WELL this girl in the grocery story HAS TO BE one too...maybe Leila knows how much you love talking about her and maybe Leila knows her friends baby too...these things are not just happening to you...Leila is everywhere with you and even inspired you and the kids to make such pretty things for her...it will help them and it will help you..((big hugs)) I love the painting..you know that is my passion too...xoxo...good luck with everything Kalia you are going to do great things I just know it...I will be thinking of you tomorrow...hope it is a gentle day with many signs from leila
I love all those pictures and things that were made for Leila! ((((HUGS))))
Post a Comment