Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

E Tutu, Hau'oli La Hanau!

(Happy Birthday Tutu!...Tutu means Grandma for those of you that don't know)

Today, 61 years ago my Tutu was born into this world, her beauty unsurpassed and spirit like no other. She touched many lives and MORE. She was a truck driver. She LOVED to travel the world and meet new people. Everywhere she went she made friends with strangers and they talked as if they had known each other for years. Family was always her priority and she went above and beyond for her family. She was always willing to take in and raise kids who weren't her own and raised them with pride. Her smile could light up any room and the sound of her voice could make anyone smile. I was lucky to have had her in my life for almost 13 years, but wish there were many more. 8 years ago my Tutu died in a car crash and was gone so suddenly. I remember every moment with her leading up to that day. We had taken the weekend off to visit family in Washington for Memorial day weekend. We all stayed at my Tutu Nui's (Great Grandma) house like always. There were SOOOO many cousins, aunties and uncles that came. My Tutu was sitting on the floor singing Itsy Bitsy Spider to the kids and moving her fingers as if it were a spider. She kept doing something funny and the kids would laugh in the middle of the song. That weekend was a really good weekend with all the family and I couldn't wait to have more time with my Tutu. Unfortunately that came to a screeching halt the day she died. I miss her with ALL my heart and wish my Tutu was still here with me.

Tutu,

I just want to tell you Happy Birthday today. I hope you are having a party up there with all of the Aunties and Uncles ESPECIALLY with my Auntie Tammy and my precious Leila. I know you are taking REALLY good care of her and I wanna thank you for that. She is my world and I wouldn't have her with anyone else up there BUT you and Tutu Nui. I love you all with ALL my heart and I hope you eat TONS of delicious cake for me because I can't enjoy it! (vegan) lol. A Hui Hou (until we meet again) Tutu.

Aloha wau ia 'oe (I love you)

Love always,
your granddaughter Kalialani

3 comments:

Julie said...

i, too, love the idea that my grandparents are in heaven taking care of my kenny. hugs.

Mallory said...

Happy Birthday Tutu!

Antoinette said...

Happy Birthday Tutu....I hope these kids are keeping you busy ;)

thinking of you Kalia...xoxo