Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wishes

Leila,

I wish when I was tired I didn't have the option to go to sleep. I'd wish for sleep deprivation 24 hours in a row if I knew that I would be staying up to care for you. I wish I could have been breast feeding you every 2 hours instead of having to donate all my milk 2 months ago. I wish I could be giving you a bath instead of me sitting in my bathtub crying for you and wishing you were here. I wish instead of printing pictures of me and Daddy on our new printer, we would be printing pictures of the three of us on one of our family outings. I wish I would be skipping work because I was staying home with you, rather than calling in sick because my heart is broken now that you're gone forever. I wish we could cuddle under the blankets together every night rather than me holding on tight to your blanket every night. I wish I had to wash all of your baby clothes before you wore them rather than hanging them up in my closet knowing you will never wear them. I wish I could see you smile rather than replaying the moment me and Daddy thought we saw you smile over and over again in my head. I wish I could feel your warm skin on my chest again rather than trying to remember every detail about that moment I held you for the first time. Don't worry baby girl I didn't forget what it felt like I just wished I could actually relive that moment rather than going over it in my head over and over again. I wish I could wear you in the Sleepy Wrap I got for us rather than throwing it at the top of my closet in hopes that a rainbow baby will someday be able to wear it with me. I wish I could tell people yes I have a daughter she's __ months old rather than trying to come up with an answer to that question that won't make the people who ask feel uncomfortable. I wish I could be in Target shopping for new maternity clothes rather than looking for smaller clothes that won't be so big on me. I wish I could see your heartbeat on the ultrasound screen as the doctor tells me how beautifully you've grown rather than having the perinatologist take a look at my empty uterus for the prospect of a future pregnancy. I wish this blog were filled with pictures of you showing your growth instead of sad stories about how much I miss you. I wish you didn't get sick in the NICU. I wish you didn't die. I wish I didn't have to wish you were here. I wish you could just be here.

This list could go on forever and ever but I had to stop because the big lump in my throat just snuck up on me and I don't feel like crying again tonight. I just wanted you to know how much I miss you Leila. You are my world and no one will ever replace you baby girl. I love you SO much mamas!

6 comments:

Danae said...

I wish none of us had to go through any of this and got to take our babies home where they can be happy and healthy.

Thinking of you!

Kristin said...

Oh man, I have so many of those same wishes. The one about calling into work because of a broken heart really hits home. I'm home today because I just couldn't get it together this morning :(

Love you!

Xo

Maggie said...

I wish you could do ALL Of those things too with your sweet Leila. I wish your life wasn't this way and I wish it was happier. My wish for you is brighter days and less dark ones. My heart just breaks for you. I wish I could fix it all. (((HUGS))))

Antoinette said...

"I wish" all these same things for you....I would even "wish" we did not meet this way and instead on a really obnoxious baby blog bragging over whose baby is cuter or learning faster...but that is not the case..and im sorry...I wish and wish and wish and I even wish for a wish...i blow EVERY willow I see and I wish...i wish so much i think maybe that is why my wishes can not come true..I wish we COULD wish....xoxo **sigh**

brigette said...

I am so sorry for your loss!! I just came across your blog and have so much pain for you. It hurts so bad to loose a baby. We lost our son when he was 5 months old to a neuromuscular condition. The pain is raw and I am so sorry. If you ever need to chat. I am open!! Wishing good things for you and sending hugs!!

Kalialani said...

Me too Danae. I'm sorry you had a bad day Kristin :( I hope your days get better. Thank you ladies for being there for me. Even though I hate this situation I can't be grateful enough to have women that KNOW how I feel. Maggie I hope I have less dark days too and Ann I wish we could wish too :( Brigette I am SO sorry for your loss too :( I know what you mean about the pain still being so raw and I wonder if that feeling will ever go away.