This has just jogged some thoughts...Ugh I just want to start my own business specially for "bereaved parents of dead babies" This business will acknowledge parents with and without other children. It will acknowledge these dates that are hard for parents to deal with after losing their babies; it will have personal stories of other women and men who go through what we go through daily and how they "deal" with it. It will have ideas for what to make or get for parents who no longer have a child/children here on earth. It will have special "gifts" for parents to remember their angels by. As long as the other bloggers who make these gifts are willing, their blogs can also be on the website so that parents can easily find their "services". It will be like a one stop shop for all parents of dead babies (sorry if this is too blunt for anyone). I know there are other people that have started their own thing for parents like me but I still just want to do something different. I'm thinking of so many different things to do for other parents and I just wonder where to even start. Anyways that is an idea for another day, now back to my Father's Day gift dilemma.
I was thinking of getting Leila's daddy something from myforeverchild.com but honestly I've been out of work for a while and don't have too much money which makes this a little out of my budget. I want something personal & meaningful (also on the lower end of the cost scale)...not something like a tie that Father's usually get on this day (no offense to anyone getting their father a tie lol)
Any ideas anyone??
Leila,
"Daddies" day is coming up and your Daddy is down here with me. We don't have you with us so I know this day will be hard for him just like it was for me on Mother's Day. I'm not sure what to get him that would make it be from you, so you gotta help me out sweetie. What would you like to get your daddy? We have one picture of him holding you (the last picture ever taken of you) and I would like to do something with this picture as well as something else. I'm not sure yet but I hope you can give me an idea soon before it's too late.
I love you SO much honey and think of you every second of every day. Yesterday I saw another dragonfly you sent me, it was a beautiful blue color again.
OH by the way I just found out that the "dragonfly" you sent me the other day isn't a dragonfly at all...
It's actually a damselfly. I never even knew about damselflies but found out about them today. They're very similar to dragonflies but have distinct differences. One difference is on a damselfly the wings fold together close to its body when it's at rest...a dragonfly's wings stay rested horizontally. I had no idea, thank you for sending me the beauty of a new mystical creature that I would have known nothing about if it wasn't for you.Mommy loves you honey. Keep sending me damselflies, dragonflies or butterflies...whichever, I love them all!

4 comments:
I'm struggling with this too. I have no idea what to get for my husband! I want to get him something heartfelt, but really have nothing on my mind. What about some of your pictures? Maybe a picture frame of all of you? Or just Leila? Or maybe something that represents her and a nice quote? Hugs to you. Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it's going to be great! :)
I just found your blog through Antoinette's - I don't have an answer for your Fathers Day question but I just wanted to say hello. I lost my little Jack to preterm labor after two weeks in the NICU last November.
Whatever you decide to get him will be perfect I am sure.
Hugs. XX
@ Maggie-Thanks Maggie I will definitely have to think of something good (and soon)...and let me know what you decide too (if you want) :)
@Melissa- Hi Melissa, I follow your blog and read your updates on Jack and it hit home because I also went into pre-term labor (but I was @ 23 weeks 6 days). My baby girl Leila was in the NICU for 18 days before she passed. Being NICU parents I'm sure we went through a lot of the same things but I wish I would have blogged while my daughter was in the NICU (like you) so I could write everything down and look back and remember every second she was here...
Thanks for stopping by to say hi :)
(((HUGS)))
Kali, I order a photo book for anthony and i wrote to him from alyssa in it...it is about 15 pages of pics from when she was a bean size til she was born and i put some pics of her name etc...it should get here before fathers day and it was worth every dollar i created all the pics and layouts myself with IPHOTO from my MAC computer but you can do something like that for him from Kodak...if you want..anthony does not wear jewelry so i didnt want to get him anything like that...maybe you can try making him something by hand, that candle you made tami was really nice, something he can add to "her space" and that he knows is just for him...anthony loves the stuff i make from hand, you can go to my blog and see the stuff i made for our anniversary it was april 7, and see if you like that idea they were hand made cards from me but from "alyssa" to her daddy and i also added that pic in his book...i also put pics of him painting her room and doing "daddy things" while i was pregnant and i know he will cry but in years to come he will know that those times were very special to him
Post a Comment