Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Can't get away

I just can't get away from babies, pregnancy, etc. It surrounds me everywhere I go. I try and forget about all of it, push it out of my mind for a while and then it all comes flooding back instantly with one tiny trigger. My friend announced to me she was pregnant a couple days ago. She asked me not to say anything about it on facebook because she didn't want anyone to know. Honestly, I wished she didn't want me to know either. I know it's not fair to ask her to go into hiding until after she has her baby (maybe even longer), but it sure would help a ton. To be completely honest, I'm extremely happy for the few people that have told me they were pregnant because we're really close and no one deserves a baby more than these people...but it hurts to hear a friend say they didn't even want a baby, wasn't even trying to get pregnant and even thought about abortion. Don't get me wrong I don't judge when it comes to a woman's choice, but I wouldn't even expect her of all people to become pregnant so carelessly considering the criticism I got from her after announcing my pregnancy. But here we are a year later and she's in the same position. When I asked another BLM and a mutual friend from high school if she felt the way that I did after she lost her baby she said yes, but then she told me "who are we to say who can and can't have babies? we should feel blessed that we even got to experience pregnancy". Part of this is true but on the other hand I never said our friend couldn't have a baby, I was simply telling her how sad I felt after this announcement and that it hurt me that she didn't even want this baby when that's ALL I ever think about these days. So that has made me feel like crap for the last couple of days. Oh and p.s. I BARELY got to experience pregnancy. I got pregnant and not even 24 weeks later I had my baby...so she can speak for herself on that one. Yes, I am 100% grateful for the time that I was pregnant and for the time that we got with Leila but that doesn't make it any easier after watching her die in my arms. It's just not fair. I can't stress enough how tired I am of struggling to just "live" on a daily basis much less having to hear other people's BS. I'm SO stressed out about everything lately and I just feel like I need a break from life. I need a vacation. Will someone go with me please??? Anyways, I'll stop complaining now. I just really had to get that off my chest.

On a completely different note, PLEASE PLEASE pray for two of my BLM friends that have just lost their rainbows in the past couple of days. They truly don't deserve this heartache once again! I'm heartbroken by the news and would love if you all could pray for them. Thank you!

Leila,

I miss you mamas. I miss your little fingers and toes, I miss feeling you kick my tummy, I miss talking to you and hearing your daddy sing to you. I miss the anticipation of the day you'd come home with us, I miss all of it. I miss you SO much tonight and every night. 8 months later and this feeling still hasn't let up. Whenever I feel like this I find a project to do. They are self fulfilling for me and to do it in your name makes it that much better. That is why I will be completing an internship with the March for Babies this year and next in hopes to bring more awareness to pregnancy loss, premature birth, and infant death. Can you just imagine how many people will know your story and the amazing fight you put up? Can you imagine how many people we might be able to save because of this? How many people we might inspire to help join to fight for healthy mamas and babies? This makes me excited for the future. Right now this is the only thing I have to look forward to. I hope you'll stay by my side as make huge changes one step at a time!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

i understand. an acquaintance of mine announced to me via email that she is 13 wk pg. i'm not sure why she told me b/c we were never close. i wish she had never told me. it made me so sad. you are completely entitled to be jealous and hurt about your friend's situation. you are not saying that she can't have a child. you are just upset about your situation, and that is perfectly normal. i think your fellow blm friend should have been a bit more sensitive to that. ((hugs)) i guess our only choice is to take it 1 day at a time.

TanaLee Davis said...

Pregnancy is everywhere. Its nearly impossible to get away from unless your a home body that doesn't like to get out and about. I'm sad to hear about all the pregnancies too. Some people really deserve it but you can't help but feel jealous and want that too. Its even worse when you hear of people that don't even want to be pregnant. Unfortunately this is part of our grief as BLM's. Keep yourself focused on the future and it will help you get through today. Proud of you and your strength-
Felicia

brigette said...

So sorry. It is hard to see others who have what you alwasy wanted and then lost. I wish I could make it easier. Im so sorry for your loss. Sending much love!!

Tiffany said...

hey girl, i wanted to tell you that i gave you a blog award. you can check out my last post to see it. pls know that you don't have to play along at all if you don't want. it was just my way of saying how much i appreciate you being with me in this time of sorrow, and being so inspirational to me.

MrsH said...

Hi Kalialani,
Just imagine that everyone else lives in a different world, with different rules, which they do. Pregnancy, life, babies, mean totally different things to others than they mean to us. It is absolutely not fair, but it is a different world that they live in, our rules don't apply to them, and viceversa. This is what got me through so far. I also gave you the same award as Tiffany, because I also consider you an inspiration, and love your blog.

Maggie said...

After Alexandra died, it seemed like everyone I knew and everywhere I went there was either a pregnancy announcement or brand new baby being hauled around a Target, ugh! I hated it and no matter how hard I tried to hide, it never seemed to work. Hugs to you! You do deserve a nice big break to somewhere tropical...and somewhere with no pregnant women/babies! Maybe an adult only all inclusive trip?! XOXO

Kalialani said...

*sigh* I LOVE ALL OF YOU LADIES!!! Seriously!! lol where would I be without these encouraging comments?? Thank you Tiffany and MrsH for my blog awards! :D I feel so darn special!!

LOVE YOU ALL! MUAH!