I don't feel like anything has changed. I don't miss her any less. I don't hurt any less. I hurt more. I miss when I was able to grieve freely. Now I have to do it in secret so I don't make people uncomfortable. I have to leave the room when I feel tears coming so I don't look like a crazy person for crying out of nowhere. The last post I put on facebook was about how I hated that no one talked about Leila and how I'm not uncomfortable talking about her so why are they. I also said that I can't smile in your face and pretend I'm happy when I didn't even hear an "I'm sorry for your loss". This status was particularly for my family. Besides BLM I got ONE response from my whole freaking family. ONE...my aunt messaged me and said "I'm sorry for your loss and I truly love you". Simple as that and it felt good. That's when I decided to take a break from facebook. I still check people's updates once in a while but I haven't posted another status since then. It hurts too much to pour my heart out and get nothing in return...so this is where I have to do it.
I can't concentrate on school. I have two midterms next week and I haven't done anything for them. No homework done this weekend and no studying done...nothing. *sigh*I feel like it's all going downhill...

3 comments:
I wish there were words to give you, but as you know, there are none. I can just offer my support. I know your pain. Today marks three months since Bryston and Colton passed away and it hurts just as much if not more than it did three months ago. I am so sorry and I know we really don't know each other but if you ever need to talk I am here. ((hugs)) ♥ Leila ♥
oh kalia... Im so sorry. I have been missing you on fb. with everything going on the last week or so I have not been online to check/see status updates and I didnt even see your update till a few days ago. Im so sorry mama. I really dont have anything new to say...Know that I understand...you know I do. And that I think of you and Leila often and you can always talk to me. Sending you all of my love my beautiful friend <3
i, too, have felt lately like things are going downhill. i can't get over this constant nagging thought about how unfair this all is. it dominates my thinking EVERY day and it makes me SO angry that we have to go through this while everyone else in the world thinks everything's fine.
thinking of you and leila...
Post a Comment