Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our babies: what are they like?

Today I'm going to skip over the post about my camping trip...It's just getting too long now I'd rather start one for today instead lol I will post that one later. Anyways today is Gabriel's 1st ANGELVERSARY. His 1st birthday was on September 4th and today the 8th we are celebrating one year in heaven! His Mommy Sara Thompson blogs here at As long as I will live, you will live,so if you have a chance please go over and show her some support today. Sara and I were talking via text and she was saying, "I wonder if Gabriel's met Tupac yet, that would make me very happy." I laughed and said I sure do hope so and I hope he introduced Leila too because we loooove him. Thinking about this put a huge smile on my face. I love that even though our babies aren't with us physically, we can still imagine how they would act, the things they would like etc. I always wondered about Leila's features when she got chubby [like I know she would have been]. I picture her hair being bushy and curly. If you all could see Mustafa's little sister's hair you'd say WHOA [lol] It's SO cute, but since I can't post a picture of her here let me find one on google to show you what I think Leila's hair would look like...

There we go...


YUP this is exactly how I picture it :D OH MY what would I have done with her hair?! She would've had it braided it up all the time. :) I hope she wouldn't be tender headed like my little sisters, otherwise we'd have a problem! I wonder if she'd have big juicy lips like her daddy [lol] I've always loved his lips and hoped hers would look like his, but since her mouth was always surrounded by wires I never really got a chance to see them. Her toes I knew straight out of the womb were her Daddies. She had that longest middle toe that I always made fun of her Daddy for [lol], but her little toes I ADORED. It's funny that Gabriel also has the SAME middle toe that's the longest. They say that long middle toe on a woman means they're STRONG, [in spirit I think]. That totally holds true for her; even though she was so little I knew she was a VERY strong little baby. She had a personality already regardless of what anyone says/thinks. I miss my little Leila boo! Her eyes were very dark, but she was a baby so I expected them to change. I wonder what color they would have been. My dad has blue eyes and my mom brown. My mom thought for sure I'd pull the blue eyes, but I ended up with brown. But OOOO wouldn't that have been pretty? :) Dark hair and dark skin with bright blue eyes...Who knows, maybe Leila would have pulled her Grandpa's eyes. Music: I KNOW Leila loves rap music like her mama and like Alyssa and her mama Ann! Ann and I joke about them having westcoast/eastcoast beef [lol] but we know they get along because their mamas love each other dearly, how can they not?! :D

I was reading more personality traits for Aries babies and boy is it pretty funny, not to mention it describes Leila to a tee lol here goes an insert from what I've been reading,

"Aries child has to have all your attention at any cost. As far as she is concerned, she is the boss and you have no right to ignore her."

HAHA I LOVE this...She is the boss?!

Well Leila, Mama has to tell you now, I am the BOSS :) but I know sometimes you feel more grown than you really are. You're a special baby like that; you always get things done before your time i.e. you opened your eyes before you were "supposed to" and I'm sure you would have been walking and talking before most babies your age. But hey maybe I'm partial to you because you're MY baby :)

Anyways enough bragging about you...I could go on and on all day :D I LOVE YOU MY BABY and miss you dearly. Oh and I can't wait to read you your favorite book again!

Love always,
Mama

P.S. If any of you want to brag about your babies or tell everyone what they like, would look like etc. feel free to comment here with all that good stuff :)

Oh and another thing, if you commented on my last post about including your babies when I went camping, I've uploaded them on my facebook so if we are friends take a look at the 'Angels' album, but if we're not then you can just message me and I'll send it to you. :)

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh I love this post!!!!! :) I love imagining what our babies would like or be like! XO

Jessica said...

Love your post :) So cute - your baby woulda have been one beautiful girl :)
I think my babies would have had huge heads (lol just like mommy and daddy but ya know in a CUTE way) and my lips, daddy's dimples (that he hides with a silly beard) and my ears (Daddy thinks his are too big LOL). I always hoped that we would have at least one red head too :) Either they would have been beautiful children. Whether boys or girls my two babies are gorgeous I just know it :)

Kalialani said...

I do too Maggie! :D

Thank you Jessica! Your babies would have been beautiful too! oh and I think Leila would have had a big head too..well at least her forehead anyways because I and the whole Hawaiian side of my family have huge foreheads lol but it definitely would have been cute on Leila. Her daddy ALSO has dimples (you just can't see them right now because he's put on a bit of weight shh lol). I love hearing about your babies!

and I hope to hear more stories from other mamas too!

Allison said...

I love this post. I can picture your beautiful Leila with all of these attributes. Drew had such amazing blue eyes. They were so bright and all-knowing. I think he was an old soul. For as young as he was, he already had such strong arms and legs. I can picture my dark curly haired boy running a soccer ball down field or hitting a baseball for a homerun. I would be so proud. My husband and I argue whether he would have been shy and studious like me or hyper and a daydreamer like him. I think he would have been a perfect combination, of course. :) Hugs to you!