I honestly have no answer for this question. None of them stick out to me so I will just say "not applicable"
Day 14- a non-fictional book that is meaningful to me since my loss
Empty Cradle, Broken Heart.
I'm not sure if this counts since I read this after my loss but it's meaningful to me just because like I said before, when I was reading it I didn't feel so alone like I did in the beginning.
Day 15- what you like about your house
I don't have a house, only an apartment but I LOVE my apartment. Mustafa and I moved in there this April after Leila died so that we could be closer to my parents. I love that we have a nice kitchen. The kitchen matters most to me when looking for a place to live. Funny because I'm not a big cooker but I'd love to be! I guess time isn't on my side though. With school and work I don't really even have time to eat! :( But I still enjoy looking at my kitchen each day lol...I only wish Leila were enjoying our apartment with us.
Day 16- a song that makes you cry
There are TONS of songs that make me cry but I'll only name a few. Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamawiwo'ole...after my Tutu (grandma) died this was one of the songs I always listened to to remember her, I still do actually. There's a couple other songs that always make me cry [since my loss]: Kellie Coffey-I would die for that, Natalie Grant-Held, Eric Clapton-Tears in heaven, The Hawaiian Wedding Song-sung by my Tutu (grandma) and tons more that I don't have the time to name...
Day 17- an art piece
I don't have a sculpture of my own yet but my favorite art pieces are from D. Antonia and here is a link to her Etsy shop. She has TONS of sculptures dedicated to baby loss and you can even order a custom piece. Her work is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait 'til I get one of my own!
Day 18- your wedding (past, present, future)
My wedding has been planned out since I was I don't know HOW young. I think a lot, if not every little girl plans her wedding out as a very young child...well at least I did. lol I'm not married yet but my boyfriend and I would love to get married after I graduate and we have enough money for my dream wedding. He also wants another one in Egypt for all his family to come since it would be easier for us to travel to Egypt than for his whole family to come the states for our wedding. My wedding will be on the beach in Hawai'i. I know it sounds pretty cliché, but I'm actually Hawaiian, TONS of my family live there and Hawai'i is my second home. It will be on the beach, I will have 8 bridesmaids each one with a different color dress representing each color of the islands of Hawai'i. That's if I can even find 8 friends/family who I'd want in my wedding :/ lol I've already found my dream dress by Pnina Tornai. It's an off white lace dress, very elegant and simple and since my wedding will be on the beach I didn't want something too ball gown-y (not a word, but you get the picture). I want purple and orange flowers (orange is my Tutu's favorite color and purple is mine and now Leila's too!) My Tutu was supposed to sing "The Hawaiian Wedding Song" for my wedding but since she died when I was 12 we will play the video of her singing it at my mom's wedding. Hearing her sing that song ALWAYS brings me to tears. It will be bittersweet not having her, my Tutu Nui (great grandma) OR my daughter at my wedding :( Anyways, I won't bore you all with many more details that I'd like to include but you can probably picture it in your head :)

2 comments:
<3 (((hugs))) <3
I looooove Hawaii!!! I think it's so cool it's your second home! :) XO
Post a Comment