Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 1, 2011

Remembering 3/29/10

So today the nurse says Leila is back on oxygen rather than breathing room air :/ It's OK though I know she'll be back on room air as soon as she's ready! Her feedings are now 2mL every 2 hours rather than every 3 hours. I really think my milk is helping her! :) and by the way her skin looks GREAT! If you would have seen her the day she arrived compared to today, her skin looks SIGNIFICANTLY better :) She's getting more pigment to her skin and it doesn't look so transparent like it did before. They say the bag that is around her will probably come off when she's between 2 to 3 weeks. I'm pretty excited for that to happen. Then I can see her body and she won't look like she's just wrapped in a trash bag :/ She's back on insulin, but that's expected to change pretty frequently...one day she'll be on it, the next she's off!...One of her tubes that was in her artery checking her blood pressure has come out, so now the only tube in her belly button is the IV that gives her nutrition :) Once that comes out and she's off the ventilator then I can hold her :) (God willing) I think that's pretty much all that's gone on with her today.

Thank you guys for reading!
~Kalialani

0 comments: